Volunteer at the Historic Capitol
Volunteer Training Session Saturday, September 27Join us for a volunteer training session and continental breakfast on Saturday, September 27 from 10:00 a.m. – Noon. Meet us at the welcome desk in the Historic Capitol. Parking is available in the lot on the corner of Apalachee and Monroe Street. Also, downtown on-street parking is unmetered on weekends. Please RSVP to Carol Wynn at firstname.lastname@example.org or (850) 487-1902.
Historic Capitol Volunteers greet visitors and provide information about the Historic Capitol, its history, our programs, and general visitor information about Tallahassee and Florida. Hours are flexible. Parking and training are provided.
Anyone can be a volunteer. We are currently looking for:
- High School students
- College students
- Working adults
- Retired adults
- Make new friends
- Learn new skills
- Serve the community
- Gain valuable experience
- Fulfill Florida Bright Futures and International Baccalaureate Program Service Requirements
- Supplement your academic curriculum
- Participate in the excitement of Florida's Legislative Session
Volunteer positions include:
- Greeter – be the first contact for our visitors
- Docent – provide guided tours of the Historic Capitol
- Researcher – dig deeper into a topic in Florida’s political history
- Educational Program Specialist – help teach Florida's children about this important site
- Office Assistant – assist with record keeping and data entry
- Public Relations Assistant – do graphic design work, draft copy for newsletters, etc.
- Collections Assistant – organize archival, photographic, and artifact collections
Need to fulfill an internship requirement?Work with us to design an individualized project that meets your educational goals and assists the Florida Historic Capitol Museum. This internship is open to undergraduates and graduate students. Please submit a completed volunteer application, a resume, a brief statement of purpose describing your interest in interning with the Florida Historic Capitol Museum (1 page or less), 3 references (at least one professional) and a writing sample. Please note that this is an unpaid internship.
Contact Carol Wynn at email@example.com or (850) 487-1902