In 2009, the Florida Legislature created the Historic Capitol Foundation. Its mission is to provide monetary support, advocacy, and stewardship to promote the Florida Historic Capitol and its program of civic education. Additionally, the Foundation’s support will ensure the continued preservation of Florida’s historic capitol building, a structure listed in the National Register of Historic Places for its great significance to local, state, and national history. The Foundation was designated as a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization in October 2010.
- Support the fabrication and installation of new exhibits in the Historic Capitol Museum
- Support the development of a virtual museum and educational programming that will increase the public’s awareness of Florida’s political history and its important legacy, enhance public awareness of governmental activities, and encourage civic involvement of all citizens
- Create an endowment for the Historic Capitol Museum's exhibits and educational programming
- Create an endowment for perpetual maintenance and preservation of the Historic Capitol
- The Honorable Dixie Newton Sansom, Chair
- Mr. John Clark, Vice Chair
- The Honorable Van Poole, Secretary
- Mr. Peter Harris, Treasurer
- The Honorable Bill Gunter, Jr., Immediate Past Chair
- Mr. Ron Book
- The Honorable Kurt Browning
- The Honorable Major Harding
- The Honorable Lisa Carlton
- Mr. David Mica
To learn more about how you can support the Florida Historic Capitol Foundation, please contact Suzanne Cummings, Director of External Relations, at (850) 487-1902 or firstname.lastname@example.org.